The Goos Family

Sunday, July 02, 2006

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE

Yes, it's now 4:30AM and no I don't usually get up this early. I had been tossing and turning in bed so thought I would make the most of my time. This past week has been a frenzy of activity preparing for our trip to Korea. We're packed and ready to get on that plane.
We received an updated picture of Yoo Jin this past week and that seemed to have opened an emotional floodgate for me...very much like labor pains not physically but very much emotionally with all of the pain, the sorrow, the disappointment, the elation, and the tremendous relief. We've waited 2 years for this day to come and I can't believe it's actually going to happen. It is very surreal. In a couple of days, we will finally get to meet our daughter.
I wonder about so many things: What is Yoo Jin like? What is her adjustment going to be like to us? What is our adjustment going to be like to her? How will Helena handle not being the only child and focus of all of our attention? How will I juggle being a mom of 2?
There is a possibility we might not be able to have Yoo Jin until we're actually leaving Korea. So please be praying for us that we will be able to have Yoo Jin the whole time while we're in Korea as we're also visiting my mom. We'll know for certain by the end of the first week. So stay tuned. The next time I'll be writing again will be from KOREA!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Praying that you are able to get Yoo Jin towards the beginning of your trip! I know her Grandmother does too!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home